Genes and Society in the News:
- “The Book that Changed America” by Randall Fuller. Includes a discussion of how abolitionists took heart at Darwin’s view of the world.
- “Darwinism, Democracy, and Race” by John P. Jackson and David J. Depew
- “Overcoming the Lie of Race” by John Hodge
Article for Discussion:
- Jamieson and Radick. “Genetic Determinism in the Genetics Curriculum” 2017 Science and Education 26(10)
- We agreed that the curriculum tested is interesting but the methodological flaws make the analysis of the effects observed questionable.
- There is an NSF proposal submission to implement improvements to methodology and statistics.